If you're reading this, then you already know the massive benefits of using video, and particularly VideoScribe to help you get results for your organisation.
The trouble is you might not be the person who makes the final purchase decision. That’s why we’ve put this guide together, so you have all the information you need to get your boss to say ‘yes’…even if they’re the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Principal or Vice-President of Marketing!
As you know VideoScribe can be used in so many different ways and in many different sectors, but it’s particularly powerful for educators, HR Professionals, creatives and marketers. So, what we’ve done is highlight the specific points you can make to strengthen your case.
Ok, let’s get to it!
The process for getting to ‘yes’!
First of all, we want to share the process for putting your case together, and then we’re going to break each part down for you.
That’s the overview, and now let’s break each step down with some useful facts about the impact of video and animations that will help you get the win!
Step 1 – Quantify the problem and pain points
A brief outline of the problems that are driving you to recommend VideoScribe. Specifically mention the cost or time impact this is having on you, your students, your team or the organization. Here are some of the problems you might be encountering that VideoScribe can help you solve.
Lack of engagement: Attention is one of the most precious commodities today, and whatever field you’re in, chances are that attracting and keeping attention will be a problem for you.
Poor results: Problems here might include poor exam results, new or existing employees taking too long to learn critical job skills, or low conversions on marketing activity.
Step 2 – Show the return on investment
In this part you need to explain what VideoScribe is and show the cost vs benefit of the investment you’re asking them to make. Below is a summary of what VideoScribe is and does that you can use. There are also a number of facts and statistics that might help you identify the benefits.
What is VideoScribe?
VideoScribe is a DIY video animation software which lets you create your own videos quickly and easily. With VideoScribe, you can explain complex ideas and deliver powerful messages tapping into all the things that increase engagement, learning and memory.
It uses a combination of spoken word, animated hand-drawn images, music, and sound effects to create eye-catching and attention-grabbing videos on any subject.
It’s simple and intuitive to use, gives you the choice of thousands of library images, or you can use your own.
Better engagement: here are some specific facts and statistics that show why and how video and animations can increase engagement...
- Loads of people are watching videos every day (75 million in the US & 82% of Twitter users).
- Video is 12 times more likely to be watched than text is to be read (Video Marketing Trends).
- 95% of the message is retained using video versus 10% when reading text.
- A 2015 study by Kaltura, a software company, found that 93% of teachers believe the use of educational videos improves the learning experience.
- According to Forbes over 75% of Fortune 500 executives watch online videos and 65% of senior executives have visited a vendor’s website after watching a video.
- People normally stay on your site for six seconds or less, but ComScore statistics reported on David Boozer’s site show that web users viewing video stay two minutes longer.
Improved learning and conversions: whether you’re looking to improve exam results, speed up on the job learning, or get higher conversions, VideoScribe can help. Here’s some useful information that might help you highlight the benefits.
- Videos have been recognized as a powerful tool for learning in classrooms. Using video animations make the learning process fun, effective, responsive and fruitful. (That’s why many children choose to watch self-study videos on YouTube in their own time.)
- VideoScribe is great for converting abstract theories into visuals. Students get to develop a connection between a concept or idea, and something concrete they’re familiar with in their own world.
- With VideoScribe there’s no need to wait for a manager to be free to train an employee. They can learn exactly how to do something at their own pace and at a time that suits their schedule.
- VideoScribe animations result in 15% higher message retention over talking head videos. (Dr. Richard Wiseman)
- 83% of those using video in their marketing believe they get a good ROI from it. (smartinsights.com)
- 52% of marketing professionals world-wide name video as the content with the best. (wowmakers.com)
- According to a survey by tubular insights, 73% of those surveyed confirm they‘re more likely to buy a product or sign up for a service if they watch a branded video that explains the product.
- Businesses using video grow company revenue 49% faster than those who don't use video. (Wowmakers)
- It’s been proven that video is 50 times more likely to rank well in Google than plain text results. (Because the competition for video content is so much less than that of pure text pages, it's easier to rank well with online video.) (Wowmakers)
Step 3 – Compare the investment
When you’re making the case for your organisation to buy VideoScribe, it’s worth identifying some comparators that illustrate the value of the software and resonate with your boss, (or the CFO).
Educators: Interactive whiteboards are great for increasing engagement and interaction but they're way more expensive than VideoScribe… and they have to be stuck on the wall!
Marketers: Subscriptions to photo companies like Shutterstock where access to a limited number of images per month costs significantly more than VideoScribe.
Outsourcing your video creation: Using an agency or animation company to get one video created can cost anywhere between $300 to $30,000. VideoScribe is more cost effective and you can use it over and over again!
Step 4 – The Sword of Damocles
This is where you talk about the cost and potential impact of not investing…this could be lower exam results, or your competition getting better results in their marketing. The Sword of Damocles is what might happen next… e.g. lower results might mean less students and therefore lower funding or losing out to the competition may mean lower growth and profits.
This is optional, but if you’re able to show that if the problem and pain are not addressed, something significantly worse could happen then this might be worth including. The chances are that a worst-case scenario is going to have a bigger impact on your boss or CFO and therefore motivate them to action more quickly.
The only caveat here is to make sure that the link is strong enough!
Step 5 - Show them a quick win
Ideally you'll have identified some projects that you can get going on immediately with VideoScribe. By sharing these you’ll be making the abstract more concrete for them, (just like VideoScribe does). If they can see a return on their investment coming quickly, they may be more inclined to say ‘yes’.
Our video templates are a great example. They're ready made videos covering a range of topics and all you have to do is edit the details. What's better is our library of templates is always growing as we add seasonal videos for events like Halloween and Christmas! Take a peek at one of our most popular templates below.
Seeing is believing!
There's one additional thing you can do that could make all the difference to you getting your hands on all that VideoScribe has to offer… and that’s showing them an animation!
Why not get started making your own video by signing up for a seven-day free trial of VideoScribe today, (no credit card required).
Once you’ve created your video, show it to your boss or CFO as part of your pitch.
You can also share it on social media with #MadeWithVideoScribe for a chance to be featured on our website!